Friday, February 8, 2008

Flashback Friday: Ren Fair gym-style

Intro: Flashback Friday, an idea stolen from Amy who stole it from someone else who undoubtedly had the idea first. Unfortunately for many of my friends, Flashback Friday for me also draws them in....

We begin with some beauties from freshman year of high school. A renaissance fair was held during English period in our gym; there was sword fighting, costumes, and, for some reason, Adrienne Jackson playing the violin. The best part was the dressing up. My mom and I sewed my costume and I was SO excited to wear it. It probably won't surprise you that I had a huge imagination (one that still hates scary movies), so for 45 minutes, I WAS maid Marian.

Katie Perry and I. She had a cape.
Look at this gem! Crosby, SteveZ, and me at 14! Crosby's dress was all authentic-like...I seem to remember Steve was in a brown sheet with rope, along with all of his friends. Boys.

3 comments:

my name is amy said...

sweet maid marian, I'm so glad flashback friday is catching! I love the costume. it's wonderful.

chn said...

if i remember correctly, it was a wedding dress that we dyed with coffee or something. (and i suddenly remember being VERY excited about this picture, which in turn reminds me of this OTHER picture where you cut everyone out so that it looked as though a certain boy and i were happily frollicking our way back to class from lunch...

Lori Huneke said...

H HAAAAA. this is the best!! oh goodness...
I love that the bottom one is cut out..was it on your bulletin board? he he!
OH, and im totally afraid of scary movies too. love you.