Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Cure for Disintegration

Having a bummer of a day? On Saturday, I found the ultimate cure for any kind of bitchiness or mopeyness: an afternoon spent glued to the bar at Alembic. We sat there for hours, chattin' and gabbin,' enjoying the Bee's Knees (pictured above) and The Red Snapper, an awesome Bloody Mary made with local horseradish and gin. How do you round out such an afternoon? Emboldened used CD shopping at Ameoba, buying all the classics you had on cassette tape and have been since estranged from in this CD world. Oh, James and Depeche Mode. I have missed thee.

4 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

hah james. brandy knight still rocks that in her car.

chn said...

i remember when i used to listen to plainsong on repeat and lie on my bed in my very best angela chase impersonation. and i could really use a bees knees right about now. that was yummy.

{ M E G } said...

I LOVE the alembic.
it also helps that one of the bartenders there somewhat resembles Noah from the notebook.......Im just sayin!

leslaz said...

oh my gosh. you are so right. When he started his shift things were already fuzzy. I believe another trip will need to be made to verify the likeness... let me know if you are game. :)