Friday, February 15, 2008

Flashback Friday: Grad night

December 14th-ish, 1997. In our high school gym, games, a bouncy house, a dj yadda yadda...all set up to celebrate the class of 1997. I bought my fun hat at Raley's with Anna an hour before the evenings festivities. My dad chaperoned (he worked the gate by the parking lot) and as Anna, Af, and I walked up, Af remembered he had a bottle of alcohol in his backpack. Purely by accident. I remember in his panic, he totally told my dad abruptly about the illegal cargo. My dad just sighed with a wee chuckle, shaking his head...like hell would his daughter be drinking it. They walked and put it in my Dad's truck. We all drank soda.

There are some other pics from this evening, groups of us posing with wooden clowns, but they aren't on my computer, and I put my broken scanner on the street yesterday.

Also, that night, I remember my poor tiny heart breaking because of a stupid boy. And then I remember jumping in the bouncing house, savagely, giggling, and flailing my arms to the tune of LoveShack.

3 comments:

chn said...

thoughts on grad night: didn't you win something in some raffle or something? or anna? also sumo wrestling and the one dark room with movies and candy where i think i hid for a while. interestingly, i have no idea what i wore but i do remember that later that night a boy told me he loved me for the first time. sigh.

Lori Huneke said...

oh my god! look at you two!! such a darling picture. check out all the scrunchies in the background! damn!

ice cream barrels said...

that sumo suit was so nasty sweaty,,,i got slapped facially by arnesti's girlfriend (one of the most shocking/funny events of my life) lovin the flshbks,,,funny how memories work....