Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday: Freeing Tibet

June. 1996. End of Junior Year at the Tibetan Freedom concert at the Polo Fields in SF. The day introduced me to MUNI and Boone's Stawberry Hill (you know you feel me). I obviously had awesome sunglasses.

Crosby and I went into the pit for Rage, because we are brilliant. One of our friends was wearing birkenstocks (because we were cool) and her feet were VERY bloody. Someone crotch-grabbed-hoisted Crosby in the chaos and she crowd surfed out. We lost her for awhile, and during that time, she was interviewed by Spanish television.

I saw Foo Fighters for the first time that day as well. They were all new and fresh from the turbulence of Nirvana's end. I was standing on a hill, next to a line of port-o-potty's, watching Dave get all angry at the microphone. I wondered if he could see me.

And in that field, on that beaten down grass I saw people having sex. Sure, the blanket was just moving back and forth, but even me, in my 16 year old-wine buzzed-heat stricken-MUNI chasing form, knew what was the what next to that boxed wine box.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I was there too! It was on my 17th bday!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

i was there too! with brandy and megan. a car load i think. i saw pavement, beastie boys and some other stuff i forget.

ice cream barrels said...

me three! me, scotch polson, justin staska, ----saw people havin sex, some dude peed right in front of us, got trampled when the beasties came on and smashed all the fruit in my back pack it made a fruit smoothie, gave bob hall a ride in the back of my honda civic(he was 6'9"!!!)thanks for the flashback...