Saturday, June 2, 2012

Magical (this is where we go)

I went to  magical Trinity Alps Resort this past weekend with magical people.  The weather was fickle but not bad and nothing sounds better than a river and rain.  Should the world come to an end, we can rebuild our community here; there are fish to catch, a bar on the water, a general store with espresso ice cream, and a ton of old timey photos so you don't forget how you got where you are.

I am running the Wharf to Wharf in a few weeks.  I haven't run... since last year's W2W.  I better get on that!  My motivation is two parted; I surprisingly loved the group vibe and encouragement last year AND we always go eat at Dharma's after.  YUM.  Friends and food and fun.  It's a total win.

I am trying to reduce my belongings by a third and it's fascinating.  I have lived in my apartment for nine years and it's stunning what I am finding in the little nooks and crannies *ie a mini bbq I have NEVER USED because I don't know now.  Really?  I have that in my apartment?   Awesomesauce. I have also discovered a plastic bag worth of hotel shampoo and lotions which is kinda odd and maybe wasteful and there must be somewhere I can donate those.

Today, a bbq with friends.  I think I might make caprese pops, the archrival to all that cake.  xo.

No comments: