Monday, June 4, 2012

Love (unexpected)


I have never had a close encounter of the dachschund kind.  Bizzie stole my heart yesterday.  Alas, it's a universal case of the Mondays around here.  Still, there are these things: 
  • Let's trash trashing. I'm tired of conversations regarding health constantly stemming from body bashing.  From lovely Sarah at yes and yes -- How to Broadcast Body Confidence.  Take a moment.  Read it.  It's so easy to say "ugh, [this]" and "SIGH [that]," but let's try coming at it from a different angle.  I am totally guilty of the body bash, so here -- I'd like to be more fit, but not because I actually think I look bad.  I look good.  I just really like that strong feeling when walking up a hill.
  • I really want to make this salad. It's absolutely beautiful.
  • I learned how to make grannie squares last week.  Well, I should say I have learned how to make grannie SQUARE -- I have not stopped adding to my first one.  It is huge.  It grows every night.  I am not sure what to do about that.  
 see?