Thursday, March 25, 2010

In my kitchen: Parmesan Chicken Wrapped in Posh Ham

Recall the 2010 goal of cooking from my Jamie Oliver cookbook once a week -- not in an effort to go all Julia and Julia, but to become excited and interested in cooking again. While I haven't quite hit the weekly mark, I am making a new recipe about every other week. Considering I was eating spinach, rice and salsa frequently, this is a total improvement.

Last night, I made Parmesan Chicken Wrapped in Posh Ham. Posh ham= prosciutto, but I guess it's more posh to say 'posh' than a fancy Italian word? The chicken came out really tasty, which I fully attribute to the joy I infused into said fillets as I beat them thin with the bottom of a saucepan (per the instructions!) . The poshy ham could have been a bit more crispy -- I think the key might be having the pan hot before placing the food in to cook. Learning. Anyhow, with some slight modifications: win.

An unexpected boon of this whole cooking more concept is leftovers! Translation: awesome work lunches! Also, having your cookbook in the car during carpool is a pretty good conversation starter -- except when they make fun of your notes in the margins, and smiley faces for win recipes. :)

No comments: