Monday, March 22, 2010

2000: 2010

In 2000, my first passport enabled me to spend a semester abroad in Dublin Ireland. Great adventure, good times spent during a summer amidst Irish folk and artsy kids from Tisch, NYU--- I learned the value of that wee little book and loved the stamps that showed my travel path. I cannot believe that ten years have passed, but yes, I looked at my passport the other day and realized it expires in a month. Oh, that will not do.

Renewing is easy, just send your old one in by mail with the application, fee, and two new shiny little pictures. Tip: AAA will take these for you and for cheaper than at the post office (if you are a member). And now, time for some compare/contrast!
wow. just wow. When I took my 2000 photo, my roommate's response was "it's not a bad picture, I've just never seen you make that face before." I think I was sick (ergo, pale) and I had definitely waged war on my poor eyebrows (poor plucked within an inch of their lives eyebrows!).

But at least they let me smile.

So. Now I am confined to the US for... 2-4 weeks. Um. K.

No comments: