Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Then fix it: Bucket List 2011

One month deep into 2011, and I'm finally writing about my 2011 bucket list. My list is similar to the "32 things I will do before I'm 32" list over at yes and yes (b/c yes is more fun than no!), but since i turn 32 in six months, I figured I would stretch it out by year. Below, you will find an assortment of activities; some big, some small, some simple, and some taking a bit of planning.

And so, my 2011 bucket list:
  1. Take a day trip to Angel Island
  2. Visit the Legion on Honor in San Francisco
  3. Make Paella
  4. Go on a three day back packing trip
  5. Learn to crochet an afghan
  6. Learn Prelude in C by Bach on the piano
  7. Go snowshoeing
  8. Volunteer with an organization that works with elderly
  9. Busk for an afternoon somewhere, playing something
  10. Go to a Renaissance Fair.
  11. Pretend I don't own a car for a week
  12. Write the first chapter of a pararomance
  13. Try indoor sky-diving
  14. Use the awesome family canoe that has been hanging in the garage since forever
  15. Do at least 10 pull ups. in a row. without cheating.
  16. Take a dance class
  17. Eat only raw foods for a week
  18. Do not spend any money for a week.
  19. Make my grandmother's mince meat pie
  20. Got to a meditation session
This list will live in my side-bar (once I figure out how to do that -- but that's a 'to do' list item, not a bucket list item, which is entirely based on experience and broadening one's horizons explanation disclaimer exclamation). If you have any suggestions for additions, let me know! Here we go, 2011! xoxo, lelz

3 comments:

my name is amy said...

fantastic list. i hope to join you on a few of these!

Lori Huneke said...

I was so inspired by this idea ever since you first talked about it on the trip! Love your list! rock on!

Lori Huneke said...

PS. Angel island is awesome. And, dude, you should totally take the canoe to Utica.