Saturday, April 24, 2010

(a)musing

  • I am going to see Amanda Palmer on May 22nd. Amy, Ashley, and I will be dressing in our steampunk circus finest and committing ourselves to a raucous evening. Anyone know how to sew a bustle?
  • I know this ash-cloud business (mostly dissipated at this point) was very stressful for people (soon Lareina!), but I kept wishing I had gone on that trip to see Miss Sarah in London right before ash inhibited jet engines. Stranded in London with friends? Sign me up.
  • I recently learned never to cook a new recipe for a dinner party. Major meltdowns happen when rolling dough that crumbles, thus threatening the life of your galette. The banana with peanut butter frosting cupcakes were magical though.
  • I really need a potato masher.
  • Two weeks from now, I will be in Hawaii. Shedding light on my pale pale skin. Boogie boarding with my mom. Weeeeeee! (also? more volcanoes!)
  • Trips to Planet Granite have been increased in prep for upcoming beach vacation. Plank pose has become my life. Oh, shoulders. There you are. Clavicle? I see you!
  • I am completely obsessed with Bones and am taking an enforced break between Seasons 3 and 4 on Netflix Instant viewing. Life is being inhibited. Also, I have a huge crush on Seely Booth. Yes please.

3 comments:

co said...

um les? his name is angel. i mean really ;)

Sarah said...

Um, Belle.... I laid my claim to Seely/Angel years ago. Find your own drool worthy man! ;)

leslaz said...

Ladies. Angel was like waayyyy too broody. I prefer my men all manly in that "I eat food way," with a sense of humor, a touch of old fashioned chivalry, cocky belt buckles, and the capacity for intimate relationships without losing his soul and becoming a cold blooded killer. yaaaaaay.