Monday, February 22, 2010

Nay BORE

I have this neighbor. He owns a house across the street -- or at least I think he owns it. He could just be one of the many contractors redesigning the interior of said house that come in and out and in and out and have been doing so for about a year. In front of this house is a nice roomy stretch of curb perfect for single car parking. It's a coveted spot in the hood.

This guy, this mini-van driver, likes to park in front of the house driveway, which happens to be just ahead of the coveted parking spot. And no matter what - no matter what!-- he always backs allll the way up to the car parked along the curb, pressing into it's bumper, even if there is a ton of room in front of him, even if he has all the space in the world. Presssssssssssssing into the car behind. Sure, I get and commit the occasional bumper tap when parking, but this seems unnecessary, and the observer can't help but consider it passive aggressive to people parking where he would like to.

Well. I looked out my window yesterday and saw this.
Jerks! My poor wee car, who was in no way taking up more than her allotted space, and was not parked rudely or without neighbor consideration. I could even see the imprint of my license plate on his dusty bumper (yes, I checked). When the red guy finally left, and I had to venture out in the rain, I left a note on someone's car for the first time ever; it was sarcastic and witty and basically said SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! And made me feel better. (jerks!)

No comments: