Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hey Good Lookin'

The quest for increasing my cooking repertoire continues. For my third dish, I made beef wellington, which was bland a la English food and during our analysis phase, the eaters suggested I add Worctewherekjshire sauce and more garlic. Aside from lack of notable zing, the dish looked pretty, all pastry wrapped, browned and crispy.

Fourth dish was sweet potato chorizo soup. WIN. Super spicy, super creamy, even though there is no cream! The only thing I would do different for this soup recipe is to keep about a third of the ingredients out of the mixer, and add them in later for texture diversity. Also? Said it made 6-8 servings, but I certainly ended up with a lot in my freezer.

The best part of the most recent cooking escapades? I had my first dinner party. My folks, Bill, and I all crowded around my kitchen table, which just so happens to be the same table my parents' had when they were first married. Sure, my kitchen was a bit snug, and it definitely looks like I have no chair to sit in, but at the last moment, I whipped it out from where it hangs behind the kitchen door.

No comments: