Thursday, October 22, 2009

spider (in my window)



(NOTE: I tried resizing, but it may take a moment to buffer....)
Small spiders spinning webs on the outside of my window. I watch them eat gnats and flies and marvel at their grace and efficiency. So fast! So succinct! And then this [insert name of rather large beetle yet to be identified] lands in the web of this [insert name of medium sized steadily growing because he/she is eating so well spider]. I was like, hey little spider dude, that guy is way bigger than you and looks like he could impale you with his antennae and such. But little spider dude was like, Leslie, you doubt me? Don't you know how super strong my web is? This web I weave is wicked.

And I'm sure it is. Large [yet to be identified crazy antennae beetle] eventually works his way free, free-falling and flying or whatever, but not before some serious tete a tete. Poor spider dude. That was dinner fo a year.

2 comments:

my name is amy said...

very nice. i love the music you put to your videos. i don't know where you get it or if you make it yourself, but it's always so fitting. i hope spider is still there next week. i'd like his/her? autograph.

Lori Huneke said...

that was such an awesome post.