Wednesday, July 11, 2007

commonly rare

Centromadia parryi ssp. congdonii. Yesterday, I walked miles and miles in circles looking for and at this rare plant. To tell it apart from the common tarplant, you have to pull apart the flower. Those are spines on the plant. So basically, I spent all day yesterday pulling apart potentially rare plants and getting stuck ridiculously in the process. Oh logic, we greet thee.

I listened to this all day long in my headphones. We also hopped like 10 fences. That was cool.

Megan took me to Tartine in the evening and we had the coconut cream tart. oh heaven. oh decadence.

1 comment:

{ M E G } said...

and this for me too

Croque Monsieur$8.25 Open face sandwich made with our country bread, bechamel, gruyere, thyme and pepper. Topped with either smoked Niman Ranch ham, Cowgirl Creamery fromage blanc, or shitake mushrooms and seasonal vegetables. Served with housemade pickles.


mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm