Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hanging Dry: Holiday Shift

Fall is officially here.  I know September 21st marks the 'first day of Fall' but this year, with all this wonky weather, the last few weeks were just a medley of mild summer and cold winter: confused.  Now, there is that familiar crisp air in the morning and low fog gives way to high clouds or cold clear days.  Soy Nog is for sale at Safeway.  Libby and her pumpkin have invaded stores.  Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations are already battling it out.  My scarves are back in rotation.  Tights are required with skirts.  I love it. 

Last night, I met up with Meg at Ikea and we perused the Christmas decorations.  In 2010, I was almost scrooge-like with my decorating; I'm not even sure I got my standard Trader Joe's potted tree (perfect to the studio-scene), so for 2011, I purchased a few fun things to get things all festive.  Behold:


No comments: