Wednesday, November 9, 2011

At Desk: At Lunch


That genera will disappear--
My coworker walks by with a paper coffee cup;
Same time,
Everyday.
I think, with guilt, of my years at Starbucks and coffee kiosks,
And how my paper cups could fill a room
An apartment
A building. 
Then I think of that plastic whirlpool in the Pacific and the
Packaging my Amazon order came in
The truck it traveled in
The place all of it was made in
The windmills on the hill (birds dead at the base).
I drive by them, the windmills,
With hopefully more than just me in it
But not always
Because people aren’t always going the way that I am
And sometimes I leave early (or late)
Or forget my travel mug in the car, on the counter, both very far
And my carbon footprint won’t carry me there.

Maybe that will help. 

No comments: