Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Soylent green is CROCS


My morning was made when Bill sent me this Newsweek fashion article. The focus? CROCS, and the author's flabbergasted abhorrence of them. I never caught the CROC train. I work in a land of biologist and gardeners where CROCS of many shades abound and I live in fear of actually seeing the fur-lined CROC in practice. Apparently, in their last gasp for air, the CROC manufacturers are branching into high heels.

There are barely words. Most of them are guttural.

3 comments:

Lori Huneke said...

oh goodness. i must admit, my kids wear crocs. (the furry ones as well).
It was really hard for me at first (they were a gift).I swore MY kids would never wear them. But, they ARE practical. they dont stay wet when you jump in puddles or water the plants, they wash off in the sink, you can wear them as water shoes, and they slip on easily. eeeek! i know..they are ugly as all hell. i even bought them new ones when the old ones got too small. guilty. so guilty. i cant believe it happened to me.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea of your fear of crocs!
Both my girls have crocs and the little one loves them... she has at least 4 pairs.
If you didn't know those high heels were crocs you might actually like them...
=)I think they are kinda cute.

Sissy

leslaz said...

i should amend my statement. Children under 10 may wear crocs. They are easy to clean and convenient. And their feet grow so quickly, it's not like a permanent thing.

:)