Sunday, November 25, 2007

AVHS ten years later

Last night, the 10 year high school reunion for Amador's Class of 97 was held at Le Meridian in the Embarcadero. The night was cold as I walked from MUNI, but I had the utmost Grosse Point moment when Under Pressure came on my ipod. I pressed repeat. Kate and Mel, between the two of them, could draw an accurate best friend portrait of my life up till the end of high school. Mel is an air traffic controller in Oakland and married. Katie is a massage therapist and engaged. Turned around and done growed up.
Amy teaches at Amador now! She has returned to the mother ship, where she met and fell in looovvvvve with a history teacher.
old school.
Cortney is married! He pursued Katy for YEARS (it's all I heard about) and finally the wooing worked. They are all glowy happy. I covet her coat.

Overall? People looked the same. People looked different. I stared and gawked, smothering the overwhelming vibe with wine. Lots of people are married, a number have kids, and many have really interesting jobs that actually make sense with what I remember of them. I mean, Zac Bocian is a scout for the Brown's. How freaking perfect is that?

5 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

wow, is there a place where i can see more pictures from this?

leslaz said...

i'll load them onto flickr and send you the link. :)

{ M E G } said...

wow me too.
i woulda paid to see zac bocian

was the turnout good?

ice cream barrels said...

Could I score that link, too?
I feel I only talked to jesse pugh and albert dato, I'd like to see who else was there that i missed,Thanks!

leslaz said...

The turnout was alright. I think WAY more people would have come if the reunion had been held in ptown and was more affordable. I joined the after 9PM discounted crowd.

Sam, I don't have your email! I should really have it so I can respond to your future tree inquiries. :)

Here's the flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leslaz/sets/72157603309254985/