Sunday, May 27, 2007

SunDay

This fine weekend morning found me lounging in bed, watching the new Masterpiece Theatre version of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. I love me a good period piece, and the thick fog outside made staying in bed a beautiful, wonderful thing. In the afternoon, I moseyed over to North Oakland to see friendslashcoworker Amy's new digs and help cut fruit and assemble shishkabobs for a BBQ she is organizing for tomorrow at Stinson Beach.Amy's quirky neighbor has like the best welcome mat ever.
Amy, Alisa (chopping in the background), Yur, and I chopped vegetables and made fruit salad for the masses. Reese came in and saved us all from cutting the onions, which was lovely of him even though we were all still tearing up by the end of the day. A hundred skewers assembled, we found that the circular squash pieces made satisfying images. Also, pineapple on shishkabobs gets a big thumbs up.

No comments: