Sunday, May 27, 2007

SaturDay

Some people make grandiose plans for Memorial Day weekend. My plans were grand to me and happened without much travel. Mellowness. Finally.Went to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning with my friend Brian. My soy latte was much prettier than his. He was a bit sad.Later, I rearranged my bed. I forgot to take a before picture and couldn't find an old one, but picture it with the pillows directly under that window. It took me a long time because a) my bed is heavy, b) it's on lifts and c) I did it all by myself. I really wanted space on both sides of the bed. It's kinda my definition of fully grown up.

Saturday evening, I went to see the movie The Host, a 2006 South Korean monster film at the Red Vic. I'd be interested to hear what others thought of this movie.....I haven't quite decided. I felt like I was missing something perhaps lost in translation, or perhaps the whole concept of beginning as one thing to emerge as another really is the general gist of the movie.

Also went and saw a glam rock band called Vin Rouge at the Bottom of the Hill. Eyeliner on boys is kinda rad. It was a full day.

No comments: