Monday, September 12, 2011

Before and After: Backporch and Rugtime

My neighbor Olga moved away.  It's a byproduct of a very busy summer that I didn't know this until I went out onto the back porch and all the plants were dead.  She and I used to share plant tasks, but as she was looking for work and I was looking for spare time, she slowly took the lead.  Last week, I stared at dead plants on my back porch, and began to brainstorm ways to clean it up and plant new things.  It is still a work in progress, but here are some befores* and afters.  
 (*only kinda befores.  It didn't occur to me to take photos until after I had cleared away a bunch of random odds and ends and clipped away all the dead plants... and part of my pinky.  sigh).
 Another apartment improvement was my rug, which has evolved into one of those fascinatingly gross things.  White rugs from Ikea?  They get dirty.  Fast.  White rug fail.  Lesson learned.  (Don't mind the camping gear)

No comments: