Monday, January 18, 2010

Vixen in the Kitchen (not a kitten)

I have made a new friend-- a new friend who has marvelously reintroduced me to cooking. Making dinner had become a ho-hum task, more often comprised of rice with steamed spinach than anything else. For Christmas, my mother gave me a Jamie Oliver cookbook, Jamie's Food Revolution. I've never been a big New Year's resolution type of gal, but this year I thought I would give it a go. Among my goals, I will try to cook a recipe out of my new book (or some other recipe if inspiration strikes) at least once a week.

Behold, Week 1: Spicy Moroccan Stewed Fish With Couscous.

I didn't quite follow the recipe perfectly (my bad, and whoa flashback to Chem lab; I never got my yields right). Still, it was edible and dare I say quite alright.

Week 2: Chicken KormaYay! The Chicken Korma came out so well! Bill was staggered at my cooking finesse. Jamie Oliver has made me a vixen in the kitchen! Please note how much my actual dish looks like the photos!!!!!!!

No comments: