Friday, June 5, 2009

I also re-remembered how to wind a bobbin.

I've been so lax, I know. I swear I haven't been vegging out, watching my netflixed True Blood. I swear. Really. And to prove it? Some fun facts of the last few weeks:
  • I went to IKEA and bought a new $20 duvet set. I love bedding and this set looks like faded snow leopard print. Joy. I then proceeded to get lost in Emeryville for over 20 minutes. I hate that place. It's a bad vortex of non-directionalism.
  • A rattlesnake crossed the road in front of me as I was walking in the Central Valley on Wednesday. I'm not sure if that's bad luck black cat or what, but I was fascinated. And clearly delusional in my quest to follow said rattler for a good picture. I didn't get one.
  • Just before I saw the rattler, my coworker and I saw a great blue heron fly up from the creek just in front of us with a fish hanging, dangling from it's mouth.
  • I went to see Drag Me to Hell. I hollered at least once, covered my eyes most, and dry heaved twice. It was the best movie I have seen in a long time.
  • I finally sold my old old old computer to a guy for $70 who is going to trade it in and get $450 off his new one. Win win.
  • Bill and I went to MOMA and had a very culturally fun time. Check out Robert Frank's book The Americans if you get a chance.
  • Samovar tea lounge rocks. We highly recommend the Turkey Sandwich.
  • I spent a weekend at my folks' cabin in Arnold. Weather was gorgeous and we wandered around Big Trees National Park for a bit. Big Trees, fun time.
  • I almost was sucked into So You Think You Can Dance. Fortunately, enough people embarrassed themselves horribly to make me cringe and change the channel, so I pretty much forgot to go back and finish it.
  • I hemmed curtains.
  • I covered a pillow.
  • I made myself get out of bed and go to 630AM yoga.
  • I climbed a 5.10a at the gym.
  • um
  • yeah
Out and about, around and upside down, but by far the best thing I have encountered in the past few days was a sign in front of a church in Escalon. Now, there are a TON of churches in Escalon (I counted like 6 within 3 blocks!), but this one wins with the following encouragement:

Aspire to Inspire before you Expire.

(thankyoujesus)

2 comments:

Katie said...

A shame about SYTYCD. It's one of the best shows on these days. SOOOOO much better than American Idol.

stacie said...

awe yay! you sound productive = ) and fun, MISS YOU!