Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashback Friday: Seeeesters

Today is Friday, they are paving the parking lot outside my work window, and I believe the inside of my brain is rattling as loudly as the building. So, given that we are all slowly (or not so slowly) going batty today, I'm throwing in the towel and flashbacking from work. Don't judge me; I'll sic the guy with the compressor on you. He's only, like, 15 feet from me.

Flashback Friday taking it easy style. My sister and I, I'm guessing around 1983. This photo tells me a number of things:

1. We are at my grandpa's house. Note the awesome carpet.
2. My sister is wearing an amazing pink and white checkered bandanna that I remember coveting. Who knows, perhaps I'm trying to discreetly yank it off her neck.
3. My entire family had those quilted slippers in different colors throughout my entire childhood. The inside fuzzy lining always started so fluffy but became flat and disappointing rather quickly.
4. I want that chair in my apartment. Family, does anyone have that chair tucked away?
5. I would say that my dad dressed me (overalls), except that I match really well and there are tight pigtails involved (thanks mom).
6. I really wish I could read my sister's sweatshirt. I am, however, enjoying the pinkness of her outfit.

and finally,
7. She might be scratching my head or about to pull a pigtail, but sisters love.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was a bunny in a jazzercise outfit. =) Also, I think that was grandpa's old couch and that it has been gone for quite a while. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Lovelove- Sissy

jenijennjen said...

i love flashbackfriday... this is about the time that i met you, i think... in brownies. good stuff.
xoxo