Monday, December 3, 2007

the end of an era

The Nissan is gone. She was a trustworthy friend-- sturdy, reliable, thwarted only by the occasional ice berm and cracking fan belt. She took me and others back and forth to Davis, to the mountains, into Arizona, up and down to LA, way north to Humbolt...and let's not forget the infamous 9.5 hour drive from Vegas with the worst hangover ever. Naps in Bakersfield Caffino parking lots are the best.

I once fit an entire papizan chair into the backseat. The most folk ever squeezed in numbered 9 (oh college....and trunks). My dog used to climb from the front to the back seat and again. We chased fireworks. I've locked my keys in that car (with it running) more times than I can count.
Rock on, fair Nissan, and take care of the aging woman who bought you and lives somewhere over by the mall.

No comments: