Wednesday, August 1, 2007

today, yesterday, and the other

today:
Cancer: June 21-July 22
"I tell young people that the greatest paintings in museums are made with minerals mixed in oil smeared on cloth with the hair from the back of a pig's ear," says artist James Rosenquist. I hope that thought incites you to achieve pragmatic breakthroughs in the coming weeks, Cancerian. It's time to play in the mud and risk making a mess, if necessary, in order to translate your beautiful visions into earthy realities.

Yesterday:

Brinly had her first day of school yesterday. Incredibly excited, she called me at 645 AM so that I could wish her luck. My sister has been feeling the bittersweet sting of her eldest loosing teeth and starting kindergarten.....aka getting all small person-like. But she needn't worry; the childlike exuberance is strong in that one. Brinly was so excited about school at the end of the day that she literally threw herself at my sister in her eagerness....sending them both sprawling on the sidewalk. Oh yes, that is the principal's wife and daughter woot!

and the other day:
let them eat cake and drink beer on the roof. lazy foggy SF Saturdays.

No comments: