Wednesday, March 7, 2007

So says Bridget....

Dear Bridget,
I am lost in the world of denim. I wander in and out of the aisles, staring numbly at pockets and zippers, wondering about tapered and wide-leg. To hem or not to hem? Being the Fashionista that you are, can you recommend to me some brands of jeans that are bound to make me giggle for joy?
Sincerely,
sin pantalones en San Francisco

Miss Sin Pantalones,

So the jeans. Well, I have to tell you, to get a great pair of jeans you have to be prepared to spend some money, all the good jeans are around $200. I would suggest even if you can not bring yourself to spend that much to at least go and try some on to see what you like. Go to Nordstrom: I can't remember the name of the section, but it is where they have all their super cool stuff like Marc Jacobs, and all their cool jeans. Nordstroms is good because its really contained and easy to handle, unlike Macys. However this section is pretty snobby so I'm not sure if they have the basic good brands like Seven, Citizens for Humanity, Joes Jeans, etc. (Neiman Marcus has a pretty good jean section too). I would say just try a bunch of shit on!

You could then go to Loehmans and see if you can get some deals, but I would say only stick to the expensive brands. At Loehmans, they have these imitation Sevens that look like Sevens the brand, look EXACTLY like Sevens, but they're NOT Sevens. They really don't fit like Sevens, so you kinda have to be careful. You can get some amazing deals there, but you have got to spend some time digging.

Another not bad place is Luckys. Their jeans are more around the $100 range. I have a pair from them and they stretch out soooo much, so that is something to consider. When we were in there last, Giovanni heard one of employees telling a customer that she has to wash her jeans after every wearing so they shrink back. This is not something you want for traveling, but you could check it out.

Also Levis makes a premium line which costs around $150. These are the jeans Chrisitian always wears. I have a pair too that I got from Crossroads which I love, however I went into the Levis store to try on another pair and they didn't fit as good, so you just have to be patient and keep trying them on.

I am all about the expensive jeans. They fit so much better, and look so much better than cheap jeans. When you buy them they will probably be without a doubt too long as this is how they make them. I have tried to explain this people; you have to buy them the way they are and have them hemmed. At Nordstroms they'll do it for free, however I would highly suggest having the hem sewn back on which costs a little more but looks so much better. And without a doubt, when you pay this much, you have to take good care of them: cold wash and hang to dry!

As you can see this is one of my favorite topics. The key is you've got to spend a lot of time looking! Let me know if you've got any more questions!

Hugs and Kisses,
Bridget

No comments: